From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Add a KEYWORD representing any arch
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 09:46:44
1 >>>>> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014, Pacho Ramos wrote:
2
3 > El dom, 19-01-2014 a las 03:36 -0500, Mike Frysinger escribió:
4 >> you mean * ? this already works today (at least with portage):
5 >> KEYWORDS="~*"
6 >> KEYWORDS="*"
7
8 Currently not allowed by policy:
9 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html
10
11 > I had no idea that existed :O, I guess something related with
12 > "specification" is missing? :/
13
14 Now what problem are we trying to solve? As I see it, it is mainly
15 one of manpower, namely that some arch teams cannot keep up with
16 stable requests, and I doubt that any technical solution will help
17 to solve this. Introducing a "noarch" keyword or allowing "*" will
18 potentially cause problems with dependency resolution.
19
20 Instead, we should come up with a clear set of rules under what
21 circumstances package maintainers are allowed to stabilise ebuilds
22 themselves on all architectures.
23
24 Ulrich