From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] PlanetGentoo
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 21:30:06
1 On Thursday 29 January 2004 3:49 am, Yi Qiang wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > First time posting to this list, but I've been reading it for a long time:)
4 > I am wondering how many developers 'blog' right now. I'm a avid
5 > planetgnome reader, and I think a simliar service for gentoo would be neat,
6 > any input? I'm willing to help implement it, there are quite a few software
7 > packages out there that should make implementing this a piece of cake.
8 >
9 > -Yi
12 > --
13 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
14
15 Rather than an outright blog, why not have any 'planetgentoo'-type site simply
16 act as an aggregator, using the RSS feeds from developers' existing blogs to
17 form a portal site?
18
19 This would be much more useful for devs who already have their own blogs, and
20 infinitely superior to anything involving finger daemons ;-)
21
22 Stu
23 --
24 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
25 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
26 Beta packages for download http://dev.gentoo.org/~stuart/packages/
27 Come and meet me in March 2004 http://www.phparch.com/cruise/
28
29 GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
30 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C
31 --