From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites for media-video/dvdrip
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:53:21
1 On Thursday 08 December 2005 19:12, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
2 > Er, isn't dvdrip the most popular ripping software on Linux?
3 Popular, maybe, but there're enough bug to make it a difficult task to
4 maintain.
5 Current versions are tested only on transcode 0.6 (I'm sure that at least the
6 versions that upstream consider stable does not run with transcode 1.0) and
7 it has to inherit also all the bugs of transcode 0.6 then.
8 Currently there's no one in Video team that seems to be taking care of dvdrip
9 so the bugs will continue stratification on bugzilla.
10
11 If a new maintainer is found, fine, it can remain, but currently the resources
12 of Video team are limited and we have enough problems to take care of without
13 dvdrip.
14
15 The new maintainer would anyway have to take care of transcode, too, or at
16 least make sure that dvdrip in portage can work with transcode 1.x as that
17 has lots less problems than the old 0.6 one.
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
21 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE