From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: stable-bot is down. Temporary? Forever? Can we have a contacts page for it?
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 11:57:41
On 10/8/19 7:21 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> In any case, since many people *do* rely on it, maybe we should declare it > official? [+] > > And, if that's OK with both of you, move it onto infra hardware? > > Happy to sponsor both for the next council meeting agenda. > > > [+] At some point the one remaining whiner doesnt count anymore. >
In the past, infra has been understandably hesitant to take on new services due to staffing issues. Additionally, I understand that the current infra design does not easily allow granular access control, preventing non-infra members from easily performing maintenance on individual services. Has this situation changed? I doubt infra want to take responsibility for the bot, and I don't fancy the hassle of trying to find people to poke things on my behalf.