From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
Cc: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>, udev-bugs@g.o, systemd <systemd@g.o>, base-system <base-system@g.o>, agk@××××××.com, Federico Tomassetti <f.tomassetti@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Dropping static libs support from cryptsetup and lvm2
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:56:15
1 On 01/08/13 19:11, Luca Barbato wrote:
2 > On 01/08/13 17:36, Michał Górny wrote:
3 >> So esystemd and ekmod now?
4 >
5 > You know my stance on systemd, for me it is a jumble of bad and
6 > interesting ideas not so soundly implemented, I do not have much time or
7 > will to play with that thing.
8 >
9 > kmod on the other hand had a pressing issue and getting it fixed-ish
10 > took about an evening while having Federico see around it.
11 >
12 > lu
15 still, first the patch goes upstream and after upstream review and
16 commit to git it goes in tree
17 otherwise we opt to the fallback and disable udev from lvm2/cryptsetup
18 when USE=static is enabled (like cryptsetup upstream suggested to me)
19 gentoo-specific patches mangling namespace of udev, kmod, whatever
20 doesn't sound good at all
21 however working it with upstream sounds great