From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xchat's use of local USE flag xchatnogtk
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:59:33
1 On Tuesday 06 April 2004 22:54, Jason Huebel wrote:
2 > Well, if you tie xchat to the global gtk USE flag, someone who installs
3 > xchat may wonder why it isn't working for them when they don't have gtk
4 > in their USE flags. Has anyone actually taken a look at xchat-text... UGH.
5 >
6 > I for one don't have gtk in my USE flags (I prefer KDE/Qt), but I use
7 > the gtk interface for XChat. The default interface that most people
8 > expect when installing xchat is the GTK interface, not text. Maybe a
9 > better choice would be to have an "xchattextonly" USE flag or something
10 > similar.
11 >
12 > I can just see the bug reports come flooding in for something so
13 > silly... :-) Just my 2 cents...
14
15 If xchat-text is only text based (not X) the X useflag is probably appropriate
16 instead of gtk
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze