From: "medukonis@×××××××××××.com" <medukonis@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Donations to Gentoo Linux
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:43:06
1 Dear Sir:
2 My name is Michael Edukonis, I am the president of TechBroker. I'm writing to you today hoping that we may come to an agreement about donations TechBroker would like to make to Gentoo Linux.
3
4 First, a little bit about my company:
5 TechBroker provides a service to the linux community by offering freely available distributions of linux to those that do not have broadband internet access, do not have a cd burner, or just do not have the time or patience to download and burn their own copies of Linux. We download and burn to CD many distributions of Linux. We also provide the boot floppies to those that feel they can not make one themselves. And if permission is granted, we print out the user manual.
6
7 Why I'm writing to you:
8 I understand a lot of hard work and dedication will go into every release of Gentoo. I would like to offer you 10% of each sale we make of your distribution. You will be listed with our other distributions in alphabetical order and a link to your site is provided. Take a look here: http://www.tech-broker.com/catalog/g.html
9
10 If this is acceptable then all I can ask for is a link and maybe some coverage of the TechBroker site. More sales will benefit both of us. If it is not acceptable then I will respect your wishes and remove your distribution from my site. I think Gentoo will be a valuable distribution to the Linux community and I hope you will be pleased with the extra exposure it should get. Thank you for your time and please feel free to write me at medukonis@×××××××××××.com
11
12 Sincerely
13 Michael Edukonis
14 medukonis@×××××××××××.com