From: foser <foser@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GNOME 2.4 marked stable on x86
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 10:54:35
1 On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 07:45, Alan wrote:
2 > Yay! Congrats on the hard work to the gentoo gnome guys!
3
4 Thanks :)
5
6 > What is required to allow a user to burn CDs? I'm not sure what the
7 > procedure to allow user access to this is for something like cdrecord
8 > (which IIRC n-cd-burner uses in the background).
9
10 Basically ide-scsi support in the kernel plus that your user should be
11 part of the cdrw group afaik. We're working on getting this as
12 transparant as possible, but it will take some more time. People who
13 already have everything set-up should have no problem using this
14 functionality right away.
15
16 - foser
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list