From: "Federico \\\"fox\\\" Scrinzi" <fox91@×××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: euscan user dashboard
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:47:24
1 On 08/08/2012 21:53, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > Yes I would like to get email notifications every time there is a
3 > version bump in the upstream repos. I also would like to receive an
4 > email notification once a month listing all the packages that I
5 > haven't bumped in portage.
6
7 So let's say: for every scan performed by euscan send an email with all
8 watched updated packages not already in portage.
9 Just a list of the packages? (with a link to the euscan page? or would
10 you prefer text-only emails?)
11
12 Example:
13 + a-category/package1-3.3.4-r0: [<upstream>]
14 + a-category/package2-0.1.1-r0: [<upstream>]
15 ...
18 Settings for emails could be:
19 - Activate / deactivate email notifications
20 - Ignore unstable versions (alpha, beta, etc...)
21 - Ignore unstable versions only if current version is stable
22
23 Should we show removals in the email? Or only bumps?
24 Would you like to receive infos about adds in portage or upstream only?
25 Or a setting for that?
26
27 Other suggestions?
28
29 > I already use the rss feed. I just clicked on my name and then used
30 > the rss url. Works quite well I must say. The only annoying thing is
31 > that it also lists package removals. IMHO, this is not as useful as
32 > version bumps.
33
34 Great!
35
36 So settings for rss feeds:
37 - Show or not portage updates
38 - Show or not upstream updates
39 - Show or not removals
40 - Show or not bumps
41 - Ignore unstable versions (alpha, beta, etc...)
42 - Ignore unstable versions only if current version is stable
43
44 Settings are available in all feeds as url options, not just in the user
45 custom feed (shows only watched stuff).
46
47 Other suggestions?
50 f.
51
52 "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a
53 violent psychopath who knows where you live."
54 (Martin Golding)