From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Some sync control
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:13:40
1 On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:49:43PM +0200, Simon Stelling wrote:
2 > Piotr Jaroszy??ski wrote:
3 > >What do you think?
4 > I think it would be much nicer to have a VCS with support for atomic
5 > commits.
6 I agre, from multiple points of view including those of 1. developer
7 who has broken stuff with epkgmove, 2. developer who has broken things
8 moving by hand 3. CVS administrator, 4. general infra.
9
10 However, for several reasons this is not yet feasible, and furthermore
11 purely atomic commits will not negate the need for the block_sync
12 functionality. Tree breakage has been noticed in the past, and infra has
13 been asked to block the rsync process until the breakage was fixed.
16 Robin Hugh Johnson
17 Gentoo Linux Developer
18 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
19 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85