From: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unused ebuild built_with_use cleanup
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 11:55:51
1 On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 16:32 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > I wrote a script to check which ebuilds use built_with_use and have
3 > keywords in never versions making the ebuild unused. This means that
4 > neither arch or ~arch users are likely to install the ebuild. The script
5 > and the list of ebuilds is attached. I plan on removing all these
6 > ebuilds two weeks from now unless a reason is given why not to. If you
7 > see an ebuild on the list that should be kept, please migrate it to EAPI
8 > 2. If you need assistance in migrating, I can help. With these gone
9 > built_with_use usage will be down to about 600:
10
11 built_with_use shouldn't be removed until EAPI=3 gets approved because
12 currently there's no good way to emulate "--missing true|false|die"
13 yes, I can use something like this in sbcl:
14 || ( <sys-libs/glibc-2.6[nptl] >=sys-libs/glibc-2.6 )
15 but not all its use cases may be this simple
18 Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
19 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
20 http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib