From: Peter Kadau <peter.kadau@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Several questions
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:12:32
1 hi !
2
3 > 1) What file is been executing during boot-process to start the modules?
4 >
5 > 2) All my users are in the group "audio" but thy can't use the soundcard I'm
6 > using as root. What I have to do?
7
8 read the gentoo desktop guide. you have to add some entries to your
9 devfsd.conf file in order to have persistent rights in /dev.
10 btw, the guide is excellent for sound.
11
12 > 3) How can I "uninstall" programs I installed by ./configure && make &&
13 > make_install? How do you do this in ebuilds (unmerging) ??
14
15 some packages provide a target "uninstall" in the makefile.
16 if you did emerge it, just type
17
18 ebuild /var/db/pkg/<category>/<package-name>/<ebuild-name> unmerge
19
20 afaik, there are plans to provide an uninstall feature in the high-level
21 emerge command.
22
23 > 4) THANKS to all gentoo devs and their great support... Gentoo IS the best
24 > distro I ever used. Fast, stable and "clean". LFS for rookies. GREAT!!!
25 >
26 > The greatest fan from germany
27
28 thought that was me ;-)
29
30 > Marius
31
32 hth
33 ciao
34 peter
35
37 peter kadau
38 email: peter.kadau@×××.de
39 open source is no religion - it just produces the most reliable software
42 1.000.000 DM gewinnen - kostenlos tippen - http://millionenklick.web.de
43 IhrName@×××.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de