From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New developer: Ahmed Ammar (b33fc0d3)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 01:33:38
1 On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 23:41 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Joining us from the land of the pyramids, we have Ahmed "b33fc0d3"
3 > Ammar. Although originally from Egypt, nowadays he lives in UK and
4 > studies Computer Engineering there. He will be joining us to help with
5 > Gnome and all sorts of miscellaneous packages. He says he enjoys a good
6 > debate so I think he will make a fine addition to our mailing lists.
7
8 Welcome, finally! So do you code like an Egyptian? :) 80s pun
9
10 For all you that don't know, Ahmed here has a interest in open source
11 Java. Others pointed me to a icedtea/openjdk ebuild he had in google
12 development space. It should be hitting an overlay soon, either
13 java-experiment or java-overlay.
14
15 So for all your open source java fetishes, Ahmed is your man. If that's
16 not throwing him the under the bus and on the barbie afterward. :)
19 William L. Thomson Jr.
20 Gentoo/amd64/Java