From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Devmanual text on ChangeLogs
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 02:44:28
1 On Sun, 1 May 2011 13:43:25 -0700
2 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Beyond that... I suspect *everyone* would appreciate optimization
5 > done to echangelog. From a quick look... seems like it's cvs status,
6 > than a cvs diff. Trying to collapse that into a single op, falling
7 > back to status might not be a bad thing (or parallelizing the
8 > requests so the slowness of cvs doesn't cause sequentially stack up).
9 >
10 > Either way.. fix the tool, rather than just doing the wrong thing.
11
12 I couldn't figure out what could possibly make echangelog slow, but then
13 I figured that this fix is easy and outside the scope of echangelog:
14
15 ssh -f -n -N master-cvs.gentoo.org
16
17 Doing only one of the cvs commands might help too, of course.
20 jer