From: "Santiago M. Mola" <coldwind@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: pythonhead@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 46: Allow upstream tags in metadata.xml
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:17:28
1 On Jan 19, 2008 2:07 PM, Tiziano Müller <dev-zero@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Current state: "Deferred"
4 > Wanted state: "Accepted/Implemented" (at least by me)
5
6 The GLEP should be updated. "Motivation" section does not seem to
7 justify the changes. IMO Meatoo [1] (and its hipothetical rewrite
8 using Doapspace [2]) would be the right tool to detect version bumps.
9 Maybe metadata.xml should contain a Freshmeat or DOAP entry so meatoo
10 could get more automation.
11
12 Anyway, I don't know how much would take the new version of meatoo.
13 Pythonhead, could you give us some news about it? Or it's just planned
14 for the long-term future?
17 [1] http://meatoo.gentooexperimental.org/
18 [2] http://blog.doapspace.org/
21 Santiago M. Mola