From: Stewart <blkdeath@g.o>
To: John Nilsson <john@×××××××.nu>
Cc: Ward Poelmans <ward.poelmans@×××××××.be>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: OT: Re: [gentoo-dev] recent virus mails
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 06:03:48
1 John Nilsson wrote:
2
3 > This is really OT but: Why do mailinglists exists, what is wrong with
4 > usenet?
5 > Anyone know a god place to get the answer to the above question? (kind
6 > of hard to google for "mailinglists").
7
8 For me, e-mail is easier; it's always available. One address, always
9 configured for communication, regardless of ISP or even geographic
10 location. Usenet requires either a multi-purpose client (more
11 configuration) or a separate client altogether. I also have to either
12 pay for a Usenet feed or constantly switch according to which ISP I'm using.
15 Stewart Honsberger
16 Gentoo Developer
17 http://www.snerk.org/
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list