From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] PROPERTIES=set for meta-packages that should behave like package sets
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:56:25
1 On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 10:17:05 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA1
6 >
7 > Ryan Hill wrote:
8 > > Though I'm still not sure what happens when a package is in two
9 > > unrelated sets..
10 > >
11 > > @gnome:
12 > > RDEPEND=">=gnome-extra/gnome-screensaver-2.22.2"
13 > >
14 > > @xfce4:
15 > > RDEPEND="gnome-extra/gnome-screensaver"
16 > >
17 > > package.use:
18 > > @gnome opengl
19 > > @xfce -opengl
22 > I suppose we could use the order that they are listed in package.use
23 > to apply the incremental stacking, so opengl would be disabled since
24 > @xfce comes after @gnome.
25
26 I guess I'll need to stop sorting my package.use then. :p
27
28 But yeah, I have no better idea. If someone really needs to lock down
29 a USE flag on a pkg they can put the pkg atom itself into p.use.
33 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
34 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
35 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662