From: Ryan Phillips <rphillips@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Povray 3.5 Testing
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 22:21:12
1 I have included a masked version of the new povray 3.5 ebuild into the portage
2 tree. Povray's package has changed to an autoconf system, and the source needs to
3 be patched for gcc 3.1 to get it to compile correctly (atleast on my machine).
4
5 Currently, ICC support may be broken (please tell me if it is, I haven't tested it),
6 and PPC needs to be tested. If anyone finds any bugs, please open a bug report
7 and direct it to my attention.
8
9 As a sidenote, there is a new I/O security implementation included into this version of
10 povray. I have disabled it by default (/etc/povray.conf). Is this wise?
11
12 Regards,
13 Ryan Phillips
14 rphillips at gentoo dot org