From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites: dev-python/buildutils
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 18:39:23
1 On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 > Mike Gilbert posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 11:52:46 -0400 as excerpted:
3 >
4 >> # Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> (25 May 2016)
5 >> # Causes build failures in unrelated packages due to invasive #
6 >> monkey-patching of easy_install (dev-python/setuptools).
7 >> # Remove this package in 30 days.
8 >> # Bug: https://bugs.gentoo.org/575844 dev-python/buildutils
9 >
10 > No revdeps, I take it?
11
12 Correct.
13
14 > (Especially with such obvious revdep connotation naming that's commonly
15 > put in the masking notice itself if so, with the revdeps masked as well
16 > if not, so the mention or mask of revdeps as well is obvious by omission
17 > here.)
18
19 I do try not to mask things that have revdeps; QA gets angry at me
20 when I miss them.
21
22 I do not find it useful to state the obvious in the mask message.