From: mailinux <mailinux@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] project sugestion
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 00:13:53
1 i am sorry of sending this mail a little bit late but i had
2 problem with my mail(it wasn't capable of sending blank mails)
3 a gentoo developer told me to send this to gentoo-dev
4 here is his response mail to my sugestion that now goes to
5 gentoo-dev
6 i sended the mail because it has a signature tha<t can be checked:
7
9 > Hash: SHA1
10 >
11 > Hey :-)
12 >
13 > That sounds interresting, but I'm afraid I cannot help with
14 that.
15 > I think it might be an idea to send the mail to the
16 gentoo-dev mailing
17 > list, and get some feedback that way.
18 >
19 > It might be possible to implement, but I'm not sure how it
20 could be done.
21 >
22 > Best Regards
23 > Bjarke I. Pedersen
24 >
25 > mailinux skrev:
26 > > WARNING: this sugestion isn't directly related to bugs but
27 > > rather to solve common humans errors
28 > >
29 > > Gentoo is a higly customisable distribution and it's
30 > > instalation method doesn't help much:
31 > > a lot of people make error while installing,some common
32 > > examples are:
33 > > *missing a step
34 > > *miss spelling
35 > >
36 > > theses problems are normaly solve by the forum but only if:
37 > > *others forums member understand the problem
38 > > *the problem is very common and not to complex(there isn't a
39 > > lot of things to check)
40 > > *motivated people are there at the time he post his
41 > > problem(chance)
42 > > Another thing is that theses people could help for more
43 > > important things if common problem are resolved another way
44 > >
45 > > so some scripts can easely cope with theses problems
46 > > An example is a script that check,for a particular problem,if
47 > > the person has made all steps
48 > >
49 > > for example if someone hasn't the sound working:
50 > > -it will ask if he installed alsa or OSS
51 > > ->alsa
52 > > then it will ask the way he wanted to install
53 > > it(built-in,modules,userspace)
54 > > ->modules
55 > > then it will try to look if the modules are loaded
56 > > if not he will search if they are built,otherwise it will
57 > > search if the right alsa uttilities are installed,then he will
58 > > look if the services are started and if they are added at the
59 > > boot services.
60 > > then it will look at the volumes and then it will ask if the
61 > > person has connected his speakers...
62 > >
63 > > Acc?dez au courrier ?lectronique de La Poste :
64 www.laposte.net ;
65 > > 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 ?/mn) ; t?l : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34?/mn)
80 Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
81 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)
87 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list