From: "Domen Kožar" <domen@×××.si>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] [GSOC] Python, GSoC and distutils2
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:34:19
Greetings, I'm working on g-pypi2 project over this summer for Gentoo,
and among other things, I learned a lot about how Gentoo handles Python
package distributions.

There are quite some students working on distutils2 implementations, so
I thought Gentoo as source distribution has a lot to say how would
upstream Python tools help towards better standard and API to make life
just a little bit easier.

I have put together a piratepad/etherpad for easier collaboration if
anyone is willing to drop his thoughts how Python distribution of
packages could be improved, follow the link

.. read more about GSoC team
.. blog planet with reports

Cheers, Domen