From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep 0042 (news) final draft
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:52:35
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 01 March 2006 19:19, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 >> Unless there are any huge flaws found, I'd like this to be voted on by
4 >> the council -- looks like it'll have to wait until April's meeting to
5 >> fit in with the two weeks rule.
6 >
7 > may push council meeting back to 3rd tuesday if people wish
8
9 I'd certainly like to see GLEP 42 addressed this month, if at all
10 possible. That said, the two-weeks rule is to avoid inconveniencing the
11 Council and unfairly springing something upon the devs without a chance
12 to look at the details. It's certainly a good rule, but I don't think
13 it should be considered inviolable. If there is an emergency, or the
14 issue is sufficiently well known that the entire two weeks notice seems
15 unnecessary, then I would think the Council could decide to make an
16 exception.
17
18 -g2boojum-