From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] default entries for ALSA_CARDS, INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 07:48:06
1 On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 22:56:30 +0200 Toralf Förster wrote:
2 > I do currently hard coded this for make.conf for every chroot imageat
3 > the tinderbox [1]:
6 > ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel"
7 > INPUT_DEVICES="evdev libinput"
8 > VIDEO_CARDS="intel"
11 > I think it is time to enhance that entries to vary it a little bit more
12 > and/or to leave it blank.Any suggestions ?
13
14 Do you have actual physical cards at your tinderbox? At least
15 VIDEO_CARDS may require this, e.g. with VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
16 ebuilds and tests may expect appropriate working kernel devices
17 (/dev/nvidiactl, /dev/nvidia0 and so on); test may actually use
18 OpenGL/OpenCL/CUDA and so on.
19
20 If yes, such testing will be quite useful, if no, it will give
21 false failures.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Andrew Savchenko