From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] base-system needs developers who care
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 08:00:23
1 On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:32:55 -0400
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Lars Wendler
5 > <polynomial-c@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Please keep in mind to *not* use EAPI-6 for base-system packages
7 > > yet, so we can retain a somewhat stable upgrade path even for very
8 > > old systems.
9 >
10 > What's the time frame for lifting that restriction?
11 >
12 > There are some key packages that base-system does not maintain, and it
13 > would be good to have a documented guideline for it.
14 >
15 > For example, I maintain the dev-lang/python ebuilds, and I will
16 > probably be jumping to EAPI 6 whenever Python 3.6 is released.
19 If you only update python 3.6, I think eapi6 will be long accepted
20 when that'll be the only available version or even the default :)