From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim syntaxy goodness for ebuilds, eclasses, GLEPs
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:31:19
1 On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 09:22:21PM -0400, purslow@×××××××××.ca wrote:
2 > 040826 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:19:02 -0400 purslow@×××××××××.ca wrote:
4 > >> 'licence' is not a mistake: it is the way non-Americans spell 'license'.
5 > >> in fact, the English distinguish 'licence' (noun) from 'license' (verb).
6 > >> Canadians follow English usage when they think about it
7 > >> & American when they don't ... (smile)
8 > > Well that's the point. I speak Real English (TM),
9 > > so I keep on screwing up the LICENSE variable by spelling it correctly.
10 > > In the context of an ebuild, using the non-USian spelling *is* a mistake.
11 >
12 > yes, so isn't the solution to have ebuilds recognise both spellings ?
13
14 Do we really need to waste time and effort on something this trivial?
15
16 I think the solution is for everybody to deal with it, personally.
19 Jon Portnoy
20 avenj/irc.freenode.net
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list