From: Max Kalika <max@g.o>
To: Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas <fede2@××××××××××××××××××.cr>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Poll: Where should web applications be installed?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:27:30
1 Quoting Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas <fede2@××××××××××××××××××.cr>:
2
3 > On Jul 23 07:54, Max Kalika wrote:
4 >
5 >> Not all applications. The ones I've been dealing with work perfectly
6 >> well having all the files owned by root.
7 >
8 > But the configuration files must be changed so that the aplication knows
9 > to what DB pluggin to use, and where are its DB's and stuff. Acording to
10 > the FHS, things that go under /usr are bound to be read only[1]
11
12 Right, so my eclass puts all config files in /etc/webapps, along with an
13 apache configuration block that gets activated when the user wants. Like I
14 said, I've been using it with the Horde suite for a month now (upgrading
15 cvs snapshot builds). Horde is very db-heavy and it has been an absolute
16 breeze to upgrade, and then run dispatch-conf to update the conf files
17 since they're all protected.
18
19 ---max kalika
20 --max@×××××××××.edu