From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new package category: net-vpn
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 23:11:04
1 On 16/03/17 23:02, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
2 > Hey folks,
3 >
4 > While VPNs weren't stylish back when most categories were added to our
5 > portage tree, they now are hot potatoes. Most VPN-related programs
6 > currently live in net-misc, which isn't quite right.
7 >
8 > If nobody voices reasonable objections, I plan on adding a net-vpn
9 > category soon and moving relevant packages into it.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 > Jason
13 >
14 > [Note to bikeshedders: do *not* let this thread devolve into a general
15 > discussion on "categories in general" or something terrible like
16 > that.]
17 >
18 To forestall the obvious question .. can you provide a list of packages
19 you would propose to 'move' into such a category?