From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global USE flag: modplug
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:03:52
1 On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:28:23 +0100
2 Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 23:32:34 +0200
5 > Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > I'd like to add USE modplug to use.desc. I'll do it tomorrow,
8 > > unless someone objects.
9 >
10 > Remember that tomorrow is always too soon in projects like Gentoo. :)
11 >
12 > $ euses -s mod fmod modplug
13 > media-video/vlc:mod - Enables Mod demux support.
14 > games-strategy/dark-oberon:fmod - Add sound support (fmod)
15 > media-libs/panda3d:fmod - Enables support for using mod files for
16 > audio support gnustep-apps/cynthiune:modplug - Build with modplug
17 > support media-libs/xine-lib:modplug - Build with modplug support
18 > media-plugins/audacious-plugins:modplug - Build with modplug support
19 > media-sound/audacious:modplug - Build with modplug support
20 > media-sound/bmpx:modplug - Build with modplug support
21 > media-sound/cmus:modplug - Build with modplug support
22 > media-sound/herrie:modplug - Build with modplug support
23 > media-sound/moc:modplug - Add support for modplug
24 >
25 > That's three USE flags describing the same support for (playing) mod
26 > files, but ebuilds depend on either media-libs/{fmod,libmodplug} and
27 > the former has its own USE flag.
28
29 I'd rather not pull fmod and modplug into same flag mod because
30 fmod is a propietary junk (if you just look at the fmod ebuilds you'll
31 know..)
34 > media-video/vlc has a libmodplug dependency and should probably be
35 > changed to use IUSE=modplug instead of IUSE=mod, if USE=modplug goes
36 > global.
37
38 Agreed, nice catch
42 > Kind regards,