From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in x11-libs/qt: ChangeLog qt-4.3.2.ebuild
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:20:34
1 > Try being a little smarter with both CHOST and CXX -- only add an
2 > exception if the spec name isn't equal to the variable value.
3 >
4 > spec=$(echo ${CHOST} | cut -d- -f3)
5 > spec=${spec%%[0-9]*}
6 > spec=${spec}-$(tc-getCXX)
7
8 The bsd folks are the ones who added these conditionals. I'd like for them to make
9 the necessary changes, because I don't want to risk screwing up their
10 builds/installs.
11
12 > For icc, you should just be able to use 'icc'; it's installed that for
13 > quite a while. That way you don't require any special cases here.
14
15 This change was made based on a bug a user filed (albiet, some time ago). Again,
16 I'd prefer if someone who can test it with icc can make the appropriate change.
17
18 > Quote variables that can have spaces in them: D, S, T, WORKDIR,
19 > FILESDIR, DESTDIR, ROOT.
20
21 Should be fixed thanks.
22
23 > If emake doesn't work, please add a comment to that effect.
24
25 Will test and fix or comment as needed, thanks.
28 Caleb
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list