From: cilly <cilly@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Do not modify ebuilds which are already in the tree... even if masked
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:16:22
1 On Jun 12, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Christoph Mende wrote:
2
3 > It seems a bit that you didn't fully understand that case. That
4 > package
5 > fails to install for 10% but works flawlessly for the other 90%. Those
6 > 10% will get the fix even without a version bump, the other 90% don't,
7 > but that's ok, they don't need it. A version bump would mean wasting
8 > the time to recompile it for those 90%. I agree that there should be a
9 > ChangeLog entry, but I think nearly all devs do that already :>
10
11 I did understand. But sometimes the mods could cause an error while
12 reemerging for some of the 90%. We had that already.
13 --
14 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list