From: Luke Graham <luke@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Weekly News Letter - "Where is Gentoo Linux 1.4"
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 08:34:21
1 On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:10 pm, Michael Kohl wrote:
2 > On 23 Jun 2003 10:03:08 +0200
3 >
4 > Philippe Lafoucrière <lafou@×××××××.fr> wrote:
5 > > I've never seen a mail of Daniel Robbins here.
6 >
7 > Not to long ago he posted in the "Portage ported to OS X". But I guess
8 > he's spending more of his time on gentoo-core and doing actual work.
9 > Bad?
10
11 I have a couple of hundred mails with his name on them from this list alone,
12 not so many recent ones, but hes certainly out there somewhere.
13
14 There is a question in the FAQ that addresses the updating question, but it is
15 vague and should be fixed. I really couldnt care less about the names of
16 unstable livecd's, new users should always use the recommended version and
17 then forget about it. Once they understand the way versions work, they wont
18 care either.
19
20 If anything in the newsletters is really vital for newbies, it will also be
21 put into the installation instructions or whereever. Or you could start a
22 hints-and-tricks page if you wanted.
23
24 As far as the roadmap goes, gentoo is a much bigger project than kopete, and
25 there are actually a few different teams taking it in different directions
26 (embeddedgentoo, hardenedgentoo, ebuild-janitor, mac-gentoo, frontends, etc,
27 etc). These projects arent under the control of the main project.
30 luke
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list