From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce <gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Signed-off-by verification incoming
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 08:19:22
1 Hi, everyone.
2
3 Just FYI, I'm going to enable the git hook to verify Signed-off-by tags
4 on gentoo.git (most likely all repos later on). I've tested it against
5 all the test cases I could think of but if you have any trouble pushing,
6 please ping me or others in #-infra.
7
8 Please note that for the hook to work:
9
10 1. Every commit must contain 'Signed-off-by' of the committer.
11
12 2. You must use your @gentoo.org address in committer (this was already
13 enforced) and in Signed-off-by.
14
15 3. You must use your real name *as stated in LDAP* in Signed-off-by
16 (committer can be anything). Both regular (cn) and ASCII (gecos)
17 version is accepted, and the match should be case-insensitive (at least
18 as far as case-insensitive works in bash).
19
20 If you need to change your real name to match your preferred spelling
21 (e.g. 'Matt' to 'Matthew'), please ping us as well.
22
23 As a side note, I'd like to repeat that while this is not enforced,
24 if you merge a copyrightable (i.e. non-trivial) external contribution,
25 please get Signed-off-by from its author and append yours below it.
28 Best regards,
29 Michał Górny