From: Jimi Huotari <chiitoo@g.o>
To: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] unverifiable GPG keys for @gentoo.org members
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 11:28:42
1 On Tue, 12 May 2020 06:20:40 -0400
2 Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc> wrote:
3
4 > Oh, very sorry if I came out that way. I wasn't being passive aggressive.
5 > Sometimes I write things the wrong way. I should have definitely written
6 > it better :(
7
8 For what it is worth, I didn't read your message in that way at all, and
9 still couldn't read it that way at all after a message from someone who
10 did.
11
12 > >> Just wanted to know why the devs are required to use gpg keys, glep63
13 > >> [1]
14 > >> but even when the server has the public keys, they aren't published
15 > >> properly.
16 > >>
17 > >> From a proper security perspective, I would have though something
18 > >> like WKD[2] would have been implemented on the server side for
19 > >> automated
20 > >> authentication.
21 > >
22 > > WKD is implemented and I don't know a single case where it wouldn't
23 > > work. If it doesn't work for you, then I dare say it's more likely to
24 > > be a problem with your setup. However, if it's a problem on our end,
25 > > I'd really appreciate a bug report before calling us retarded.
26 > >
27 > > In fact, the link you've posted actually lists gentoo.org as one
28 > > of the few organizations implementing WKD.
29 > >
30 > Oh my, now I really feel bad. I definitely don't want to call anyone
31 > retarded or any such words. I never like to use very strong words such
32 > as those. While I agree I should've worded it better, please don't make
33 > it look like I am name calling and insulting everybody, and being a jerk
34 > in general. So I would really love it if you don't put those words in my
35 > mouth for me.
36
37 Joking a little: I wonder if they were actually responding to a different
38 message, because again, I don't see anything like this being said. :]
39
40 Anyblue, that's just how I read it, and I wanted to suggest you to not
41 feel /too/ bad about it, especially now that you've made the intention
42 more clear-like.
43
44 These things happen with words written.