From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vala.eclass: change vala_src_prepare behavior when USE=-vala
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 18:17:38
1 On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 20:02:47 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3 > > We had this discussion when the function was introduced. It's
4 > > supposed to be used for cosmetic things only.
5 >
6 > What are "cosmetics" things? Also, what do you mean by "It's
7 > supposed"? Who should decide what "is supposed" and what not?
8
9 The Council decides, by voting on what PMS says.
10
11 > From past discussions I remember somebody remembered me that, when you
12 > talk here, you are simply talking as another one subscribed here, like
13 > me and others, you don't represent PMS team and have no special rule
14 > to forbid us what to do, that is the reason why I asked for more
15 > opinions about how to handle this situation in the tree and why I
16 > demanded Alexandre to wait a bit before commiting second way because
17 > that way simply adds more complication with no benefit apart of
18 > address your complaints even leaving the rest of the tree
19 > (ebuilds/eclasses already using it) unchanged.
20
21 You are welcome to read PMS yourself if you like.
24 Ciaran McCreesh