From: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Upgrade, course of action.
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:19:57
1 I run a server, it hosts 127 websites. Has many users for various other
2 things. It is currently on a celeron 600 overclocked to 675, with 256
3 megs of ram. The motherboard supports celeron and pII. It is beginning
4 to choke. It is time to upgrade the motherboard, cpu and ram. Since this
5 is an old setup (celeron and old mobo) what do I need to do when replacing
6 them. Everything is obviously compiled for it. I have not changed any of
7 my flags in the configuration files. So it is all just i686 in the
8 c*flags. I want to go up to an athlon 2200. So, what do I need to
9 consider before switching them out, what do I need to do afterword . This
10 is a 1.3b_test system with all the latest updates (except gcc 3.2, I am
11 still on 3.1.1)
12
13 Gregg