From: Johannes Findeisen <you@×××××.org>
To: Greggory <greggory@×××××××××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How to boot installation from a floppy ?
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 11:21:55
1 On Thursday 12 September 2002 18:09, Greggory wrote:
2 > Hello !
3 >
4 > How may I start to install Gentoo Linux from a floppy (I know the Cd is
5 > bootable, but it definitely WILL NOT boot from my computer).
6 > I suppose the image I've burned (i686) isn't compatible with my Pentium
7 > 200MMX :-(
8 > Any idea how I could install ?
11 hello
12
13 1. search for a single floppy distribution under freshmeat.net
14 2. start from the floppy
15 3. make partitions
16 4. untar stage 1, 2 or 3
17 5. chroot to the new system
18
19 you could search the mailinglist archives for "boot". then you'll find more
20 information...
21
22 regards
23 hanez... ;-)
24 --
25 begin .signature
26 question: is it a feature to execute code in emails?
27 i don't think so!
28 end