From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Deprecating repoman
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2022 21:23:53
1 On 3/9/2022 4:00 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > I'd like to deprecate and ultimately remove repoman. I believe that
3 > dev-util/pkgcheck and pkgcommit (from app-portage/mgorny-dev-scripts)
4 > are far superior replacements, and it makes sense to have people using
5 > the same tool and seeing the same warnings as in the CI.
6 >
7 > Are there any useful checks or behaviors of repoman that are missing
8 > from pkgcheck and pkgcommit?
9
10 I certainly would miss 'repoman manifest'. I bet other scripts would
11 too including at least one in the mentioned app-portage/mgonry-dev-scripts.
12
13 Brian

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature