From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perl/openssl circular dep, possible solution (python/perl/db devs please read)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:20:57
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I think you know what I mean. By definition portage is allready there for
3 > the ebuild to be evaluated. It is therefore unnecessary to specify it as
4 > a dependency.
5
6 Sure I understood that. However, your post said exactly the opposite:
7 "... building does not depend on portage being there."
8 Also note that I said "implicit dependency". Well, guess I shouldn't
9 send nitpicking mails anymore.
10
11 > Besides that for most packages any compatible package
12 > manager should work (there just is only portage now though).
13
14 Didn't I say that myself?
15
16 Marius