From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] useflag policies
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 17:33:55
1 On 8/2/15 7:27 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > What would be really clean is USE='qt qt5' (or 'qt qt4'), alike GNOME
3 > team policy. USE=qt would mean 'any version of Qt, if optional', and
4 > qt4/qt5 would be used to switch between Qt4/Qt5. If Qt would be
5 > obligatory, no USE=qt would apply. If only one Qt version would be
6 > supported, no USE=qt4/qt5 would apply. Clean, sane and limited
7 > package.use cruft.
8
9 +1
10
11 > However, as you can see QA has previously outvoted the clean policy for
12 > USE=gtk. I don't see why it would decide otherwise for USE=qt*.
13
14 I wonder what was the reasoning for the QA decision you refer to. Do you
15 have more details or archive references?
16
17 FWIW I think decisions like that can be revisited. Now could be a good
18 moment for that.
19
20 Paweł