From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/profile.d/
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:40:41
1 On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 19:02 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 15 July 2005 06:56 pm, Herbert Fischer wrote:
3 > > Thanks... I saw that "bug" and saw that it is very old (from 2002) and
4 > > nothing was done. Did you know why?
5 >
6 > hmm, us baselayout guys have discussed it before, but i guess we've never
7 > posted to the bug
8 >
9 > the only thing we really have against it is the potential of developer
10 > abuse ... that is, we feel that ebuild authors should *never* install a file
11 > there, it should only ever contain files created by the user
12
13 I the the resolution was pretty much that it is not that much of a
14 schlep to maintain those lines of code in /etc/profile if the user/admin
15 really wants it.
19 Martin Schlemmer