From: twistedhammer <twistedhammer@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CONFIG_PROTECT via RCS patch
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2002 23:10:49
3 > get the glob for the config files, I snapped. =)
4 > 2 liters of Cherry Coke and several hours later I had
5 > modified bin/emerge and pym/portage.py to use rcs to
6 > check-in the new version of CONFIG_PROTECT protected files
7 > into a branch off of the current revision. I spent a
8 > couple
9 > days playing with it, and is seems to work fine.
10
11 *coughs* well, apperantly not well enough.... *sighs*
12 the code that creates the ./RCS dir if it doesn't exist
13 will barf if the 'dest' file doesn't already exist. Thats
14 what I get for pulling code vebatim out of other sections.
15 Will fix it tommorow.
16
17 If this project is at all interesting to anyone, I'll put
18 a page up with updates.. also, if I'm really barking up
19 the wrong tree here, let me know.
22 > If anyone else uses this, modifies it, fixes it, or what
23 > have you, let me know. =)
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > James Gibson <twistedhammer@××××××××××××.com>
27
28 James Gibson
30 // free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
31 subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com