From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] xmms broken?, and an update question
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 01:13:09
1 sön 2002-01-06 klockan 23.53 skrev tvon@×××××.org:
2
3 > > A change this minor seems to trivial to email to someone, or get CVS
4 > > access for.
5 > > So can someone do it?
6 >
7 > Assuming changing the name works, I usually drop a note to the maintainer
8 > and/or the submission area (used to be gentoo-ebuild, now bugzilla at
9 > bugz.gentoo.org) simply saying "new version available, changing the ebuild
10 > name works". Nobody ever told me this was annoying or anything, so I've
11 > assumed this is the right way to go about it.
12
13 No, this is a great way of doing it. Not only does the developer get
14 notified of a new version, but also that it's as simple as copying the
15 file to the new version-name and merge. This makes the update much
16 easier.
17
18 Regards,
19 Mikael Hallendal
22 Mikael Hallendal
23 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
24 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden