From: Christian Birchinger <joker@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Patrick Kursawe <phosphan@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] still more local USE flags / global flag proposal
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 15:43:24
1 On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 11:23:28PM +0200, Patrick Kursawe wrote:
2 > I just added bzlib and pcre as local USE flags for dev-lang/R -
3 > there are three packages now that use the pcre USE flag, perhaps
4 > it should be made global?
5 >
6 > If there are no objections, I'll do so on monday.
7
8 I think grep supports pcre too using the -P switch, if not
9 disabled a compile time (like Gentoo does).
10
11 It's mostly disabled in Gentoo because grep is a basic tool
12 in /bin while libpcre is located in /usr/lib. Some distribution
13 like Slackware link pcre staticaly into grep for that reason.
14
15 So i don't know if the maintainer wants to add a pcre useflag
16 to grep.
17
18 Christian
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list