From: Tobias Klausmann <klausman@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] code.google.com readonly starting on 25/Aug/15
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:44:19
1 Hi!
2
3 Tomorrow, code.google.com will turn off write access to all
4 remaining projects[0]. As such, Gentoo ebuilds which still have
5 HOMEPAGE= pointing there should be updated.
6
7 I've already created a list of possible edits:
8
9 http://skade.schwarzvogel.de/~klausman/cgc_urls.html
10
11 Note that there are a _lot_ of projects that do not have a new
12 home. Some of these haven't seen updates since 2009. Some don't
13 even work anymore.
14
15 Still, many do have proper homepages (most of them moved to
16 GitHub).
17
18 Thus, I'll edit _all_ ebuilds for the specified packages to point
19 to their new homes, where available. I'm also considering filing
20 bugs against the remainder.
21
22 Things I will not touch:
23
24 - SRC_URI fields
25 - Ebuilds where HOMEPAGE is not _exactly_ as in the table linked
26 above (this includes ebuilds with more than one URL in
27 HOMEPAGE)
28 - Any ebuild where the maintainer does the fix themselves or
29 explicitly asks me not to.
30
31 The change itself will happen sometime this week to allow people
32 to do the changes on their own.
33
34 Regards,
35 Tobias