From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glep 0042 (news) final draft
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 04:24:04
1 On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 00:19:47 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Attached is the final draft. No substantial changes since last time,
5 > just wording cleanups and a few clarifications. You'll be able to see
6 > it here in an hour or three (check the dates!):
7 >
8 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0042.html
9 >
10 > Or you can try to read the attached RST source, but no moaning that it
11 > looks weird if you do.
12 >
13 > Unless there are any huge flaws found, I'd like this to be voted on by
14 > the council -- looks like it'll have to wait until April's meeting to
15 > fit in with the two weeks rule.
16
17 Nothing major, just a few minor issues (I'll admit I'm late):
18 "* Portage must extend portageq to implement a command which
19 returns whether or not the profile used for a given repository ID
20 matches a certain base path (e.g. portageq profile_used
21 default-linux/sparc/sparc64/2004.3 gentoo-x86)."
22 Wording here is a bit unclear, I assume it's supposed to mean wether or
23 not the (any) used profile belongs the the given repoid and is (a
24 subprofile of) the given profile name. Using "path" here is dangerous,
25 e.g. portageq profile_used base gentoo-x86.
26
27 As any substantial change results in a new news item should there be an
28 optional "Obsoletes" header? Could be used to make sure people only see
29 the most current version (without relying on rsync to wipe deleted
30 files).
31
32 Marius
37 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
38 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.
39 --
40 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list