From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fortran-2.eclass EAPI-8 support
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 21:50:24
1 > On 14 Jul 2021, at 13:43, Marek Szuba <marecki@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 2021-07-14 13:02, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >
5 >> Shouldn't virtual/fortran go into BDEPEND in EAPIs 7 and 8?
6 >
7 > Good point! I've created https://bugs.gentoo.org/802153 so that we do not lose track of this, that said it is beyond the scope of the issue at hand (the eclass will not behave any differently here under EAPI 8 than it does under EAPI 7) so I'll leave my current patch as it is.
10 But to introduce a fix, isn't it a _lot_ easier to do it at the point of a new EAPI? What's the rush to add it if we're not ensuring we're using the new features correctly?