From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Issues regarding glep-55 (Was: [gentoo-council] Re: Preliminary Meeting-Topics for 12 February 2009)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 20:42:14
1 On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:37:36 -0500
2 Jim Ramsay <lack@g.o> wrote:
3 > > They only ended up nicely documented after people moaned a lot that
4 > > they were having a hard time keeping track of EAPIs...
5 >
6 > You can't possibly be suggesting that everyone will be able to keep an
7 > ever-increasing number of feature sets in his or her mind, or that
8 > changing from a two-level to a one-level EAPI definition will remove
9 > the need for documentation going forward, so I'm not sure what you
10 > mean by this.
11
12 That's exactly what I mean. Developers can probably just about keep up
13 with the two or three EAPIs they'll ever be working with on a regular
14 basis, but they probably can't keep up with that if you double it.
17 Ciaran McCreesh