From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] treecleaner removals
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:42:44
Drake Wyrm wrote:
> Christian Heim <phreak@g.o> wrote: > >> # Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> (27 Aug 2006) >> # Masking media-radio/xlog for treecleaners and bug(s) # 88580 >> # Sept 27th for removal >> media-radio/xlog >> >> Punted. > > So, why was this one punted, anyway? The bug was fixed in the new > version, and an updated ebuild was submitted? >
Fixing an open bug is up to the Treecleaning dev in question. I've been talking to some people on how exactly to handle this. I don't want to bump random packages and not add myself as maintainer; usually this amounts to the same package having a bug assigned to maintainer-needed or treecleaners in a couple of months (either for another bump; or some other reason). However if I were to take ownership of every maintainer needed package that has an ebuild I'd soon be the proud owner of about 100 packages that I don't care about. The masking and the e-mails and the bug filings are done for a reason; a loud and clear "this bug needs a maintainer or it's getting axed." Some stuff gets fixed (aka pornview) most of it gets punted instead. - Alec Warner -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] treecleaner removals Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-dev] treecleaner removals Mark Stier <markstier@×××××.com>