From: Troy Dack <troy@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Overriding package mask
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 18:19:28
1 On Sat, 2002-08-17 at 08:28, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I want to use the beta version of gimp. So I unmask gimp in
5 > package.mask. But each rsync this file will be overwritten and I have to
6 > modify it again. We have a portage overlay support now... what's about
7 > to add a /usr/portage.local/profiles/package.ok which overrides
8 > package.mask in /usr/portage? Is it possible to implement something like
9 > this. I have some more programs which are declared as beta but I want to
10 > use :)
13 It doesn't exist as yet, but it is in development. There is at least
14 one bug on bugs.gentoo.org where the devs are discussing this.
15
16 At the moment your best bet is to copy the gimp directory to your
17 PORTAGE_OVERLAY directory. Local ebuild are not checked against the
18 package.mask file.
21 Troy Dack
22 http://linuxserver.tkdack.com http://gentoo.tkdack.com