From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Time based retirements
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 03:21:50
1 I'm curious who had the brain dead idea to retire Gentoo developers
2 that are still interested in the distro, that maintain low activity
3 packages for herds that are stretched way too thin, and are still
4 contributing to the distro in many ways other than direct CVS commits
5 (e.g. overlays, user support, providing hardware to other devs, etc).
6
7 I could MAYBE understand it if they're consuming some valuable
8 resource that we need to free up by retiring them. But instead they
9 get a nasty-gram about their impending retirement and decide if that's
10 how they are to be treated that they can be retired. When they finally
11 want to contribute again they have the lovely uphill of our dreadfully
12 painful recruitment process.
13
14 I'm really just trying to understand the sense in this.
15 --
16 Doug Goldstein